Why Choose the Rothman Institute?
The Rothman Institute is internationally recognized for excellence in orthopaedic science and technology. Our physicians are experts in their specialty areas, leaders in clinical research and innovators in the development of advanced treatment methods and technologies.
- Largest and most experienced orthopaedic practice in the Philadelphia and South Jersey regions
- Surgeons focus their skills solely on their specialty areas
- Each specialist conducts hundreds of procedures a year, implementing the latest treatment interventions and medical advancements
- The only orthopaedic team ranked the best in the Delaware Valley by US News and World Report for five consecutive years
- Pioneered the first artificial disc replacement in the region
- Perform the most total ankle replacements in the region
- Consistently voted "Top Docs" in Philadelphia and South Jersey Magazines
- Train the orthopaedic specialists of tomorrow
- Thomas Jefferson University entrusts its residency and fellowship programs to the Rothman Institute
- Conduct satellite simulcasts and webcasts to instruct local orthopaedic surgeons and colleagues from around the world on the latest advances in science and technology
- Research team studies diseases of the bones and cartilage, and pioneers groundbreaking advances in prevention, care and treatment
- Insights of our specialists are widely published. Our physicians have authored hundreds of book chapters, dozens of textbooks, and have given thousands of presentations to audiences around the world.
Sports Team Affiliations – Official Orthopaedic Physicians for:
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia Flyers
- USA Olympic Women’s Gymnastic Team
- Saint Joseph’s University Hawks
- Dozens of area colleges and high schools