Brian E. Sokalsky, D.O.
Dr. Sokalsky is a board certified, non-surgical sports medicine physician. He provides game coverage to local high schools and club rugby teams.
He utilizes various treatment options to get his athletes back on the field as quickly and safely as possible, including platelet-rich plasma injections and acupuncture.
Make an Appointment
- B.S., Exercise Science, Rutgers University
- D.O., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Internship, Osteopathic, Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Residency, Family Practice, Frankford Hospitals
- Fellowship, Osteopathic Primary Care Sports Medicine, Physician Offices at Horizon, Brook Park, OH
Titles & Certifications
- Board Certified, National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
- Board Certified, American Board of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Certificate of Added Qualifications, Sports Medicine
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine
- American College of Osteopathic Pain Management and Sclerotherapy
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncturists
- Original Research: “Perception vs Reality: Caloric Consumption in Female High School Athletes”. AOASM National Conference, Snowbird, UT, 4/2009.
- “Diagnosis and Treatment of Low Back Pain: A Joint Clinical Practice Guideline from the American College of Physicians and the American Pain Society”. Philadelphia Regional Sports Medicine Journal Club, Philadelphia, PA, 4/08.
- “Case Presentation: Posterior Dislocation of the SC Joint”. AOASM Conference, St. Petersburg, FL, 4/07.
- Spring 2010: Team Physician for Jersey Shore Sharks Rugby Club
- 11/21-22/09: Event Physician: National Small College Rugby Organization National Championships, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Fall 2009: Team Physician for Shawnee High School
- 8/08-6/09: Covered athletics at Strongsville High School, Strongsville, OH
- 6/07: Participated in medical coverage of Philadelphia Triathalon-Sprint Distance, Philadelphia, PA
- 10/06: Participated in medical coverage for the Ironman Triathalon, Kona, HI
- 9/2005: Covered regional college rugby tournament, Philadelphia, PA