Dr. Ross is a board certified, non-surgical sports medicine physician. He sees patients at Rothman Institute’s Media, King of Prussia, Bryn Mawr and Marlton offices. Dr. Ross is also the Director of Rothman Institute's Performance Lab in Bryn Mawr.
Michael J. Ross, M.D. Articles
Lance Armstrong’s Situation from a Sports Med Perspective
Sunday, May 1, 2016
Re-thinking Triathlon Death
Sunday, May 1, 2016
Make an Appointment
825 Old Lancaster Road
Suite 100, 140 and 200
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010Office
234 Mall Boulevard
The Atrium Building
King of Prussia, PA 19406Office
999 North Route 73
Suites 301 and 401 (Please use Suite 401 for Mailing Purposes)
Marlton, NJ 08053Office
1118 West Baltimore Pike
Health Center 4
Media, PA 19063Office
EducationM.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Residency, Emergency Medicine, University of Connecticut
Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Crozer-Keystone Health System
Titles & CertificationsBoard Certified, Emergency Medicine
Race Doctor – Philadelphia International Cycling Challenge
Team Physician – Jittery Joe’s Pro Cycling, Colavita Professional Cycling, Navigator’s Pro Cycling
Professional AssociationsAmerican Medical Society for Sports Medicine
American College of Sports Medicine
Hospital AffiliationsRiddle Hospital
- Ross, M. Maximum Performance for Cyclists. Boulder, CO: Velopress, 2005. 224pp. 2nd printing 2007
- Ross, M. Maximum Performance: Sports Medicine for Endurance Athletes. Boulder, CO: Velopress, 2003. 224pp.
- Peer Reviewed
- Asplund C, Ross MJ. Core Stability and Bicycling. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2010 May-Jun;9(3):155-60.
- Ross MJ, Reisman AS, Collina SJ, Webner D. Atraumatic Upper Arm Compartment Syndrome In A Collegiate Basketball Player. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 40:5 Supplement, May 2008.
- Ross MJ, Kaminski TW, Swanik CB, Reisman AS. Agonist/antagonist strength deficits in the calf are related to lower extremity injury in collegiate football players. Abstract in Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 18:2, March 2008.
- Shin JT, Swanik CB, Trager S, Reisman AS, Gustavsen G, Webner D, Collina SJ, Ross MJ. Role of Vision in Balance Testing of Collegiate Football Players. Abstract in Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 18:2, March 2008.
- Ross MJ. A Surprising Cause of Fatigue in a Professional Cyclist. Abstract in Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 18:2, March 2008.
- Smally AJ, Ross MJ, Huot CP. Gastric Rupture Following Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilation. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 22:1, Jan 2002.
- Ross M, Dufel S. Torticollis, Adult. eMedicine Journal [serial online]. 1997 (Revised 2005).Available at: http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic597.htm
Lectures and Presentations
- 2011, August 21 , Exercise Induced Asthma, Physiology and Implications, Medicine of Cycling Conference, US Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2011, Aug 10, Exercise Induced Asthma, Sports Medicine Grand Rounds, Crozer-Keystone Sports Medicine Fellowship
- 2010, February 18, Doping Strategies and the Anti-doping Battle, Sports Medicine Grand Rounds, Crozer-Keystone Sports Medicine Fellowship
- 2009, May 30, Core Strength for Cyclists, American College of Sports Medicine, 56th Annual Meeting
- Seattle Washington
- 2009, April 27, Exercise Testing for Endurance Athletes, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, Annual Meeting, Tampa, Florida
- 2009, February 14, Advanced Topics in Training and Recovery for Endurance Athletes: Exercise Endocrinology, American Association of Cycling Team Doctors, Second Annual Meeting, Sacramento, California
- 2008, December 16, Sudden Cardiac Death in Adolescents, Pediatric Grand Rounds, Albert Einstein Medical Center Residency in Pediatrics, Philadelphia, PA
- 2008, August 1, Sideline Airway and Cervical Spine Management, Sideline Trauma Evaluation and Management at the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, Annual Fellows Conference
- 2008, June 5, Agonist/antagonist strength deficits in the calf are related to lower extremity injury in collegiate football players, Crozer Institutional Core Lecture Research Presentation
- 2008, May 31, Medically Sound Endurance Training, Cycling Symposium , American College of Sports Medicine, 55th Annual Meeting
- 2008, May 29, Atraumatic Upper Arm Compartment Syndrome In A Collegiate Basketball Player
- American College of Sports Medicine, 55th Annual Meeting
- 2008, March 29, Ultrasound aided diagnosis and treatment of knee pain, 5 Minute Clinical Pearl, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2008, March 28, Agonist/antagonist strength deficits in the calf are related to lower extremity injury in collegiate football players. Research Presentation, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2008, March 27, Fatigue in a Professional Cyclist, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2007, October 10, Doping in Sport, Guest Lecturer in Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences 449 Advanced Topics in Sports Medicine, University of Delaware, Athletic Training Program
- 2007, December, Pre-Participation Physical Exam, Crozer-Keystone Family Practice Residency
- 2007, July 26, Neck injuries in Athletes, Keystone State Games Medical Conference, York, PA
- 2006, December 12, Bicycle Fit and Cycling Overuse Injuries, Sports Medicine Grand Rounds, Department of Family Medicine, St. Luke’s Hospital and Medical Center, Bethlehem, PA
- 2006, August 29, Bicycle Fit for Overuse Injuries, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 2006, August 16, Sideline Airway Management, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Crozer-Keystone Hospital, Springfield, PA
- 2006, July 11, Cycling Overuse Injuries, Sports Medicine Fellowship, St. Luke’s Hospital, Bethlehem, PA
- 2006, June 10, Practical Sports Nutrition, Cadence Performance Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 2005, September 3, High Intensity Training, Lombardi Sports, San Francisco, CA
- 2005, July 7, Amino Acid Conditioning, IDEA World Fitness Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2005, June 4, High Intensity Training, Cadence Performance Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 2004, October 30, Moderator for “The Science of Speed”, a panel of cycling authors and coaches, Chicago, IL
- 2000-July 2005, Monthly Paramedic Rounds, topics include physiology, disease
- Tuesday, 26 June 2012Dr. Ross shows you how to Stay Cool in the Heat Wave
- Thursday, 30 August 2012We used to think intervals were only for the super fit because they're so difficult, but they can benefit everybody," says Michael Ross, MD, medical director of the Rothman Institute's Performance Lab in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- Monday, 01 December 2014This 43-year-old father of two is one of about 130,000 people diagnosed with colon cancer each year in the U.S. But Ross isn't taking the diagnosis – or treatment – lying down. Instead, this triathlete has kept running, albeit a little bit slower, while receiving chemotherapy.
- Tuesday, 22 January 2013I still remember the first bicycle race I ever saw. It was August, during the summer Olympics in 1984. Alexi Grewal, the American who struck gold in Mission Viejo, California was my new favorite athlete.
- Thursday, 11 October 2012During last triathlon season, there were a string of deaths in the water. Fourteen deaths in races were largely from swimming