Robert Good, M.D.
Dr. Good is Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Bryn Mawr Hospital and System Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery for Main Line Health. After graduating from Jefferson Medical College and completing his training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in 1978, he has been providing orthopaedic care to the residents of Bryn Mawr and the surrounding area.
Dr. Good is a Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. He is a multi-recipient of the Osler Teaching Award from the graduating medical students at Thomas Jefferson University. Also, the orthopaedic residents at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital have recognized Dr. Good as an “Outstanding Teacher and Role Model”. He is past president of the Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society; has served as one of the team physicians for Villanova University since 1980; and has been recognized many times by Philadelphia Magazine as one of the area’s “Top Doctors”. His area of expertise is in reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee.
Make an Appointment
- B.S., Juniata College
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College
- Internship, General Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Residency, General Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Hospital
Titles & Certifications
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jefferson Medical College, Philadephia, PA
- Team Physician, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- Jefferson Orthopaedic Society, Past President
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society, Past President
- American College of Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Philadelphia Rheumatism Society
- American Association of Arthritis, Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers Society, Honorary Member
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
1976 Good, R.P.: Cervical Spine Injuries from Water Sports Accidents. Orthopaedic Seminars of University of Southern California, Vol. 9
1977 Good, R.P.: Cervical Spine Injuries Resulting From Water Sports, an Epidemiologic Review. Jefferson Orthopaedic Journal, Vol. VI, pp 41-47
1978 Markmann, W.K., Good, R.P., Hamilton, W.C., Cotler, J.M.: Pins and External MethylmethacrylateBan Alternative. Jefferson Orthopaedic Journal, Vol. VII, pp 74-79
1980 Good, R.P., Nickel, V.L.: Cervical Spine Injuries Resulting From Water Sports., Spine, Vol. 5, #6, pp 502-506
1980 Pontarelli, W.R., Good, R.P.: Silastic Implant Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Painful Bunion., The Bryn Mawr Hospital Bulletin, Vol. 2, pp 13-15
1984 Miller, L.S., Donahue, J.R., Good, R.P., Staerk, A.J.: The Magnuson-Stack Procedure for the Treatment of Recurrent Glenohumeral-Dislocations. American Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol12, pp 133-137.
1984 Good, R.P., Hamilton, W.C.: Malleolar Injuries: Aftercare, Prognosis and Complications. Traumatic Disorders of the Ankle. Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, pp 213-226
1984 Good, R.P.: Arthrodesis and Arthroplasty. Traumatic Disorders of the Ankle. Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, pp 255-268
1987 Good, R.P., Snedden, H.E., O’Donnell, C.S.: Closed Rupture of the Achilles Tendon. Orthopaedic Consultation, Vol. 8, pp 8-12
1989 Cherry, K.L., Emper, W.D., Good, R.P.: Accuracy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Disorders of the Knee. Jefferson Orthopaedic Journal, Vol. XVIII, pp 32-36
1994 Craft, D.V., Good, R.P.: Delayed Hypersensitivity Reaction of the Knee After Injection of Arthroscopy Portals with Bupivacaine (Marcaine). Jefferson Orthopaedic Journal, Vol. 21, pp 34-37
1994 Craft, D.V., Good, R.P.: Delayed Hypersensitivity Reaction of the Knee After Injection of Arthroscopy Portals with Bupivacaine (Marcaine). Arthroscopy, Vol. 10, pp 305-308
1996 Good, R.P., Snedden, M.H., Lomax, L.: Osteonecrosis of the Knee. The Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp 11-12
2007 Good, Robert P., M.D.: Effects of a Preoperative Femoral Nerve Block on Pain Management and Rehabilitation After Total Knee Arthroplasty. The American Journal of Orthopaedics, October 2007, 36(10):554-557.
2011 Timothy M.DiIorio, M.D., Justin D. Burkholder, BS, Robert P. Good, M.D., Javad Parvizi, M.D., Peter F. Sharkey, M.D.: Platelet-rich Plasma Does Not Reduce Blood Loss or Pain or Improve Range of Motion After TKA. Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research, Vol. 470, Issue 1 / January, 2011.