William Emper, M.D.
Dr. Emper is a graduate of Harvard University and Harvard Medical School. He completed his orthopedic training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and his fellowship training in Sports Medicine at The New England Baptist Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Emper specializes in orthopedic conditions of the knee and shoulder. His expertise includes arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction and total joint replacement in the knee and shoulder.
Make an Appointment
- B.A., Harvard University
- M.D., Harvard Medical School
- Internship, General Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Titles & Certifications
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Instructor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson Medical College
- Team Physician, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Orthopaedic Consultant, Philadelphia 76ers
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, 1992 Founding Member
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- Eastern Orthopedic Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Thomas B. Quigley Sports Medicine Society (National Society of Orthopedic Surgeons)
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Paoli Hospital
Cherry, K.L., Emper, E.D., and Good, R.P.: “Accuracy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Disorders of the Knee.” Jefferson Orthopaedic Journal, Volume XVIII:32-36, 1989.
Betz, R.R., Clancy, M., Emper, W.D., Huss, G.K. and Steel, H.H.: “Treatment of Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. Spica Cast Immobilization.” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
Volume 52-A, NO. 4:587-600, April, 1990.