Musculoskeletal and Pain Management Fellowship
This fellowship is designed to train physiatrists in musculoskeletal medicine and interventional spine procedures.
Jeffrey Gehret, DO
Attending Physician, Rothman Institute
Clinical Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine
Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Candidates should be eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
1 year (July 1 to June 30)
The fellows work in clinic with our physiatrists and sports medicine physicians, as well as with our orthopedic surgeons specializing in spine, shoulder, foot/ankle, and hip/knee. One to two days a week are spent learning interventional procedures. The primary procedures taught are fluroscopically-guided lumbar epidural injections, lumbar facet injections, hip injections, and sacroiliac joint injections. Proficiency in these procedures as well as in joint injections and EMG/NCS can be expected upon completion of the fellowship. There is also opportunity to be trained in cervical procedures and lumbar discograms.
Over the course of the year, the fellow will begin to see patients and perform EMG/NCS independently, building his/her own patient base and preparing for independent practice after graduation.
The Rothman Institute has a full-time research staff and facilities available for musculoskeletal research of any interest. The fellow will present at least one poster/paper at a national conference during the year, and also publish at least one paper in a peer-reviewed journal. The fellow participates in monthly journal club and also attends weekly grand rounds lectures in the department of PM&R at Thomas Jefferson Hospital.
- Salary is commensurate with a PGY5 level.
- Fellow is provided malpractice, medical and dental insurance.
- Four weeks vacation.
- An academic stipend is provided for continuing medical education.
- Applicants must have completed an approved PM&R Residency.
- Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and personal statement with a phone number or email active through May of next year.
- At least three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the Residency Director.
For more information please email Madhuri.Dholakia@rothmaninstitute.com