Evan J. Conte, M.D.
His focus is on arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee in all ages. His clinical interests include shoulder dislocations and labral repair, rotator cuff repair, shoulder replacement, anterior and posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, multiligament knee injuries, as well as cartilage procedures. He has a special interest in patella (knee cap) stabilization procedures. He has published on rotator cuff repairs, ACL reconstructions and cartilage restoration.
- Undergraduate: Binghamton University, The State University of New York, Binghamton, New York
- Medical: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, Virginia
- New Jersey Surgery Center, Mercerville, New Jersey
- Capital Health System, Hopewell, New Jersey
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Hamilton, New Jersey
- St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton, New Jersey
- St. Mary Medical Center, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) – Candidate Member
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Board Eligible
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine – Candidate Member
1. Tanksley JA, Werner BC, Conte EJ, Lustenberger DP, Burrus MT, Brockmeier SF, Gwathmey FW, Miller MD. “ACL Roof Impingement Revisited: Does the Independent Femoral Drilling Technique Avoid Roof Impingement With Anteriorly Placed Tibial Tunnels?” Orthopedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017 May 18; 5(5)
2. Cancienne JM, Werner BC, Burrus MT, Kandil A, Conte EJ, Gwathmey FW, Miller MD. “The Transseptal Arthroscopic Knee Portal Is in Close Proximity to the Popliteal Artery: A Cadaveric Study.” Journal of Knee Surgery. 2017 March 10
3. Burrus MT, Werner BC, Conte EJ, Diduch DR. “Troubleshooting the Femoral Attachment During Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction: Location, Location, Location.” Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015 Jan 29;3(1)
4. Burrus MT, Conte EJ, Diduch DR. Correct femoral location is key for successful MPFL reconstruction. Orthopedics Today October 2014 Vol 34 No 10
5. Conte EJ, Hyatt AE, Charles CJ Jr, Dhawan A. Hamstring autograft size can be predicted and is a potential risk factor for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction failure. Arthroscopy 2014 Jul;30(7):882-90
6. Hilburger E, Conte E, McGee D, Tammariello S. “Localization of NADPH oxidase subunits in neonatal sympathetic neurons,” Neuroscience Letters. 2005 Mar 22;377(1):16-9.
7. Cheng C, Conte E, Pleshko-Camacho N, Hidaka C. “Differences in Matrix Accumulation and Hypertrophy in Superficial and Deep Zone Chondrocytes are Controlled by Bone Morphogenetic Protein,” Matrix Biol. 2007 Sep;26(7):541-53.
Abstracts and/or Proceedings
1. John Tanksley MD, Evan Conte MD, Brian Werner MD, David Lustenberger MD, Tyrrel Burrus MD, Stephen Brockmeier MD, Winston Gwathmey MD, Mark D Miller MD ACL Roof Impingement Revisited (abstract submitted for AOSSM annual meeting 2015)
2. Conte E, Kim M, Cheng C, Pleshko Camacho N, Hidaka C. “Formation of engineered cartilage-like tissue with superficial or deep zone chondrocytes,” 2007, Transactions of the 53rd Annual Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, San Diego, CA.
3. Conte, E, Chiappetta, G, “Loss of Monitoring Signals during Adult Scoliosis Correction,” 2012, New Jersey Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting, Somerset, NJ.
Grand Rounds Presentations
1. “AC Joint injuries”. University of Virginia Dept of Sports Medicine August 2014
2. “Proximal Humerus Fractures,” Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Orthopaedic Department, November 2010.
3. “Tarsal Coalitions,” Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Orthopaedic Department, March 2011.
4. “THA Instability,” Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Orthopaedic Department, September 2011.
5. “Patellofemoral Instability: Current Concepts and Treatments,” Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Orthopaedic Department, April 2012.
6. “Isthmic Spondylolisthesis in the Young Athlete,” Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Orthopaedic Department, October 2012.
1. OKU Sports Medicine 5 – “Rotator Cuff Disease.” Conte EJ, Brockmeier SB. – In progress, expected publication 2015