Fabio R. Orozco, M.D.
Dr. Orozco is a board certified hip and knee surgeon and serves as Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Orozco lectures around the globe and participates in numerous international meetings.
He has recently been selected as one of the Delaware Valley's Most Influential Latinos of 2015.
- M.D., Colombia School Of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction, Rothman Institute
Titles & Certifications
- Associate Professor, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Christopher Adams, PA-C
Christopher graduated from Philadelphia University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science. He continued his education at Philadelphia University, completing their Physician Assistant Program. Prior to graduate school, he worked as an Emergency Room tech and a personal trainer. He enjoys surfing, skiing, rock climbing and was previously ranked nationally for gymnastics. Christopher works alongside Dr. Fabio Orozco.
- Camilo Restrepo, MD, Fabio Orozco, MD, and Javad Parvizi, MD, FRCS*, Online Case Report Image Quiz, PVNS of the Hip, JBJS 2007
- Orozco F, Ong A, Rothman RH. The role of minimally invasive hip surgery in reducing pain.Instr Course Lect. 2007; 56;121-4 Review.
- Parvizi J, Sharkey PF, Hozack WJ, Orozco F, Bissett GA, Rothman RH. Prospective matched-pair analysis of hydroxyapatite-coated and uncoated femoral stems in total hip arthroplasty. A concise follow-up of a previous report. J. Bone Joint Surg (A). 86-A(4): 783-786, 2004.
- Keisu KS, Orozco F, McCallum JD III, Bisset G, Hozack WJ, Sharkey PF, Rothman RH. Cementless femoral fixation in rheumatoid patient undergoing total hip arthroplasty: minimum 5 years results. J Arthroplasty. 2001 Jun; 16(4) 415-21.
- Keisu KS, Orozco F, Sharkey PF, Hozack WJ, Rothman RH, McGuigan FX. Primary cementless total hip arthroplasty in octogenarians. Two to eleven year follow-up J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2001 Mar; 83-A(3):359-63.
- Orozco F, Hozack WJ. Late dislocations after cementless total hip arthroplasty resulting from polyethylene wear. J Arthroplasty. 2000 Dec; 15(8): 1059-63.
- Simultaneous vs. Staged Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty, March 2000
- Total Hip Arthroplasty CME Disclosures, William J. Hozack, M.D., Fabio Orozco, M.D.
- Deep Venous Thrombosis: Meta Analysis, March 2000
- Thrombosis: Meta Analysis CME Disclosures William J. Hozack, M.D., Fabio Orozco, M.D.
- November 2007, “Advances in Surgical Technology” Meeting, Hilton New York Hotel, NYC, NY.
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty and Navigation in Hip Surgery, January 2003
- Introduction at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons MeetingWilliam J. Hozack, M.D., Fabio Orozco, M.D.
- “Why are Knee Replacements Failing Today?”, December 2001 Fabio Orozco, M.D.
- Problem-Solving for Acetabular Revision Surgery, Conference Coverage, February 2001
- References Cooke CC, Lavernia CJ, Hozack WJ, Phillipon M, Catanzaro RJ, Orozco F
- Sub-Investigator: FOCUS: Transfusion trigger trial for functional outcomes in cardiovascular patients undergoing surgical hip fracture repair, Clinical coordinating center – UMDNJ funded by the National institutes of Health 2006.
- Sub-Investigator, Pfizer Inc. Protocol A0081133 – A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study of the efficacy and safety of pregabalin in the treatment of subjects with post-operative pain following total knee arthroplasty (TKA). August 2007 to present.
- Principal Investigator, Pfizer Inc. Protocol A3191331 – Gastrointestinal randomized event and safety open-label nsaid study (GI-REASONS): A randomized, open-label, blinded-endpoint, parallel-group trial of GI safety of celecoxib compared with non-selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) in osteoarthritis patients. August 2007 to present.
- Principal Investigator, unfunded, IRB approved – “Surgeon’s Decision change during total hip arthroplasty procedure based on intra-operative radiograph evaluation”. January 2008 to present.
- 11/06 – Present
- Peer-Reviewer for Journal of Arthroplasty