Jeremy D. Close, M.D.
He has a special interest in cutting edge treatment options and musculoskeletal injury prevention. He currently sits on the board of the Athlete Health Organization, which provides comprehensive screening physicals to Philadelphia high schools.
- B.A., Colorado College
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College
- Residency, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Board Certified, Family Practice
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- CAQ in Sports Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors and Membership in Honorary Societies
- 2009 Chief Resident
Publications peer reviewed
- Diaz V., Close J. Male Sexual Dysfunction. The Clinics of North America. In Press.
Publications non-peer reviewed
- “Refugee Health Screening in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Demographics and Disease Prevalence”, STFM Spring Conference, 2009.
- “41 Year Old Male with Bilateral Quadriceps Pain and Right Tibia Pain” – Case Presentation Poster, AMSSM Annual Conference, 2010.
- NSAID Use in College Athletes", Poster Presentation, AMSSM Annual Conference 2012
- Studdiford, J. et. Al, Images From the Wards: Diagnosis and Treatment. , 2010, Consultant.
- 2002-Present - Jeff HOPE – Volunteer - Providing medical care to Philadelphia homeless shelters. Supervising and teaching of medical students.
- 6/2010 - Athlete Health Event – Volunteer - Mass event providing pre-participation physicals to Philadelphia High Schools. Teaching medical students and residents the pre-participation physical.