Michael P. Duncan, M.D.
He completed his primary care sports medicine fellowship through the Drexel University Sports Medicine fellowship program associated with Hahnemann University Hospital. He has served as a team physician for several local universities and high schools.
Dr. Duncan specializes in non-operative orthopaedics for active people of all ages. His practice centers on the overall health of patients at all levels of competition. His interests include acute musculoskeletal injuries, chronic overuse injuries, concussions, as well as injury prevention. Dr. Duncan utilizes the latest sports medicine techniques to get his patients back to their active lifestyles. He is an active member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, American College of Sports Medicine, and American Academy of Family Physicians.
- BS, Biology - Villanova University
- Residency Bryn Mawr Family Practice
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Drexel University College of Medicine
- CAQSM Board Certified
- ABFM Board Certified
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
Publications Duncan MP and Hong E. An unusual cause of hip pain in a female college athlete.
and Presentations - Poster Presentation at 2011 AMSSM Annual Meeting
player. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2011;43(5):219.
- Podium Presentation at 2011 ACSM Annual Meeting
Marinari LA, Miller WT, Mahne A, Duncan MP. Management and complications of
treatment of subsegmental pulmonary emboli diagnosed by multidetector CT scan in
community hospitals. CHEST. 2009;136(4 MeetingAbstracts):150S-b-151S.
Ho GWK, Duncan MP, Thal R. Recalcitrant knee pain in a runner.
Clin J Sport Med 2007;17:404-405.
Howard T, Ho GWK, Duncan M. Shoulder injury in a swimmer.
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2007;39(5) suppl: S136.
- Abstract presented at 2007 ACSM Annual Meeting