William Emper, M.D.
Dr. Emper specializes in orthopedic conditions of the knee and shoulder. His expertise includes arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction and total joint replacement in the knee and shoulder.
- B.A., Harvard University
- M.D., Harvard Medical School
- Internship, General Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, New England Baptist Hospital
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Instructor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson Medical College
- Team Physician, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Orthopaedic Consultant, Philadelphia 76ers
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Bryn Mawr Surgery Center
- Riddle Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, 1992 Founding Member
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- Eastern Orthopedic Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Thomas B. Quigley Sports Medicine Society (National Society of Orthopedic Surgeons)
Publications, peer reviewed:
Cherry, K.L., Emper, E.D., and Good, R.P.: “Accuracy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Disorders of the Knee.” Jefferson Orthopaedic Journal, Volume XVIII:32-36, 1989.
Betz, R.R., Clancy, M., Emper, W.D., Huss, G.K. and Steel, H.H.: “Treatment of Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. Spica Cast Immobilization.” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
Volume 52-A, NO. 4:587-600, April, 1990.
Emper, W.D.: “A Case of Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder.” International Congress for Joint Reconstruction. June 12, 2015.
Warrender W.J., Syed U.A., Hammoud S., Emper W., Ciccotti M.G., Abboud J.A., Freedman K.B.: “Pain Management After Outpatient Shoulder Arthroscopy.” The American Journal of Sports Medicine, Volume XX, No. X, October, 2016.