Yan Gu, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Gu provides non-operative spine and musculoskeletal care and performs minimally invasive spine procedures including spinal cord stimulation. He also performs diagnostic ultrasound and ultrasound guided joint and tendon injections.
- M.D., M.Sc., PhD, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
- Internship, General Surgery, North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital, New York, NY
- Residency, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Temple University Hospital/MOSS Rehabilitation, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, ACGME Accredited Interventional Spine/Pain, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA/Mid Atlantic Spine and Pain Physicians, Newark, DE
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine
- Y. Xing, Y. Gu, LC. Xu, CA. Siedlecki, HJ Donahue, J You. Effects of membrane cholesterol depletion and GPI-anchored protein reduction on osteoblastic mechanotransduction. J Cell Physiol. 2011 Sep;226(9):2350-9.
- Y. Xing, Y. Gu, RR Jr. Gomes, J. You. P2Y(2) receptors and GRK2 are involved in oscillatory fluid flow induced ERK1/2 responses in chondrocytes. J Orthop Res. 2011 Jun;29(6):828-33.
- F. Shen, Q. Lin Q, Y. Gu, C. Childress, W. Yang. Activated Cdc42-associated kinase 1 is a component of EGF receptor signaling complex and regulates EGF receptor degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007, Mar; 18(3):732-742.
- JC. Chow, MA. Weiss, Y. Gu. Anatomic variations of the hook of hamate and the relationship to carpal tunnel syndrome. J Hand Surg [Am]. 2005, Nov; 30(6):1242-1247.
- Y. Gu, Q. Lin, C. Childress, W. Yang. Identification of the region in Cdc42 that confers the binding specificity to ACK. J Biol Chem. 2004 May 279(29): 30507–13.
- J.C. Chow, Y. Gu. Material reaction to suture anchor. Arthroscopy. 2004 Mar; 20(3): 314-6.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai. An experimental study of in vivo tissue engineering technology scaffolds-small intestinal submucosa. National Medical Journal of China 2002, 82(18): 1279-1282.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai, X. Hou. X-ray evaluation of Subacromial Impingement Syndrome. Chinese Journal of Orthopedics 2002, 22(3): 154-157.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai, W. Xue, D. Gu. The mechanical property of in vivo tissue engineering technology scaffolds-small intestinal submucosa. Journal of Medical Biomechanics 2001, 16(3): 160-164.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai. The appliance of in vivo tissue engineering technology scaffolds-small intestinal submucosa. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics 2001, 2:158-160.
- X. Hou, Y. Wang, Y. Gu, D. Shi, Y. Gao. Mini-invasive treatment of tibial plateau fracture. Chinese Journal of Orthopaedic trauma 2000, 2 (1): 13-15.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai. A Comparative Study of the Effect on the Morphology of Articular Cartilage under Different Mechanical Environment. Chinese journal of Joint Surgery 1997, 2(2):212-7.
- X. Hou, Y. Wang, Y. Gu, D. Shi, J. Tang, Y. Wang, K. Dai. Tibial plateau treatment under Arthroscopic monitor. Chinese Journal of Orthopedics 1997；17：26-31
- Y. Gu, K. Dai, S. Qiu, M. Dai. Ultrastructural investigation on the articular cartilage from knee joint under low loading. Chinese Journal of Orthopedics 1995, 15(9):631-3.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai, S. Qiu, M. Dai. Walking trace analysis evaluate loading of the hind legs of rats. Journal of Applied Biomechanics 1995, 10(1): 46-50.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai, S. Qiu, M. Dai. A morphological study of degeneration mechanism of articular cartilage induced by abnormal high loading. Chinese Journal of Surgery 1995,33(10): 597---600.
- Y. Gu, K. Dai. Degenerative mechanism of Articular cartilage Induced by low stress: A morphological study. Chinese Medical Journal 1995, 108(11): 835-8.
- K. Dai, Y. Wang, J. Wei, Y. Gu. Movement of the cervical spine. Chinese Journal of Orthopedics 1992；12（3）：218-220.
- “Current Diagnosis and Treatment in PMR” (Chief-editor, Ian B. Maitin), Lange Chapter 30. Musculoskeletal
- “Contemporary Surgery” (Chief-editor, MeiXin Shi and YanLin Zhang) , 2002.8, FuDan University Publication. Chapter 106, Page 1973-1981, Chapter 107, Page 2012-202016, Chapter 116, Page2230-2238.
- “Arthroscopy Surgery”. (Chief-editor, Hou Xiaokui) , 2001,8, Shanghai Science & Technology Publication. Chapter 3, Page 12-18, Chapter 14, Page 164-169, Chapter 29, Page303-312.
- “Periarthritis of Shoulder”. (Chief-editor, GuYan and Dai Kerong), 2001, Shanghai Science & Technology Publication.
- “Trauma”. (Chief-editor, DingLin Zhao and Dai Kerong), 1999, JiLin Science & Technology Publication. Chapter 9, Page 103-107,8, Chapter 10, Page 166-181, Chapter 14, Page233-238.