If you have been dealing with consistent pain, swelling and stiffness in both of your knees, you’re probably frustrated and wondering whether this is a condition that you’ll suffer with for the rest of your life. We’re here with some good news! Pain doesn’t have to be part of your daily reality.
Depending on the severity of your arthritis, non-operative treatment methods may be effective for you. Or, you may have cartilage injuries that could be sufficiently addressed through arthroscopic surgery thereby avoiding the need for joint replacement. However, in some cases, knee arthroplasty is the best treatment option. If that is the case for you, then you’ve probably started doing your research to find out where to get bilateral total knee arthroplasty.
If your physician recommends bilateral knee replacement, rest assured that this is a safe, effective and commonly utilized treatment approach. However, it is still a major surgery (or surgeries, depending on whether you have a simultaneous or staged knee replacement) and so you’ll want to be seen by the nation’s top surgeons for this procedure. Did you know that you can find them right around the corner at a local branch of Rothman Institute?
Where to Get Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty
The orthopaedic doctors of Rothman Institute are internationally recognized for:
- Their skill and expertise in helping restore freedom of movement and reduce pain
- Excellence and innovation in orthopaedic science and technology
- Clinical research in the development of advanced treatment methods
Rothman Institute physicians are grouped by teams of subspecialists, so that when you make an appointment, you’ll know that you are not only seeing a top knee doctor, but you also have access to his or her entire team of experts in the knee subspecialty.
And as for the procedure itself, the benefits are certainly significant. Prosthetic joints are extremely durable and can provide a chance to get back to the healthy, active lifestyle you’ve been missing. Here are just a few of the benefits that bilateral knee replacement surgery can offer:
- Alleviation of pain
- Restoration of mobility
- Restoration of range of motion and flexibility
- Protection against deformity
- A 95% chance of success after 15 years
Making the Right Decision
When it comes to deciding where to get bilateral total knee arthroplasty, the answer is simple. Go to the Philadelphia or South Jersey area’s leading specialists in orthopaedic care. Founded in 1970, Rothman Institute has shown consistent growth in it’s capability, staff, locations and reputation over the years. We’re proud of who we are and the quality of service we offer, but we like to let our patients speak for themselves.
Three Reasons Why You Should Call Rothman Institute
When you’re researching where to get bilateral total knee arthroplasty, keep a few points in mind. Here are three reasons why you’ll love your experience at Rothman Institute:
- With 20 convenient locations throughout the Philadelphia area and South Jersey, you have access to world-class orthopaedic care right in your neighborhood! With our physicians operating in more than a dozen regional surgery centers, you’ll be able to have your knee replacements done somewhere convenient for you.
- At Rothman Institute, we take special care to prevent infection, which is one of the most serious risks of a joint replacement procedure like a knee replacement. Our infection rate is less than half of 1% (among the lowest globally).
- Our specialists are experts in their fields, leaders in clinical research, and innovators of advanced modalities. If you’re looking for true knee subspecialists, you’ll find them at Rothman Institute.
To set up an appointment, call us today at 1-800-321-9999. Remember, you don’t have to live the rest of your life with debilitating pain. We can help. We look forward to seeing you! For more information, please visit us here or contact us at 1-800-321-9999.