What Total Shoulder Replacement Physicians Have Been Trying to Tell Us: A Pain-Free Future Awaits
If you’re not yet familiar with the concept of total shoulder replacement, you may be surprised to learn that it is a reasonable and highly successful option that tens of thousands of patients throughout the U.S. choose each year. Without all the facts, you may be inclined to think of shoulder replacement as a scary or intimidating surgery or assume that this sort of procedure isn’t for you.
Did You Know...?
- Total shoulder replacement physicians perform over 50,000 of these surgeries in the U.S. each year.
- Here at Rothman Institute alone, our shoulder and elbow team successfully completes over 3,000 procedures annually - many of which are total shoulder replacements.
- One year following surgery, 95% of total shoulder replacement patients are pain-free!
Shoulder Replacement Self Assessment Checklist
- Are you suffering from a severe fracture, rotator cuff tear or arthritis in one or both shoulders?
- Has this pain forced you to significantly adjust your lifestyle?
- Are you no longer able to participate in the activities you enjoy or even simply perform daily movements due to a lack of mobility in your shoulder?
- Do you frequently experience pain even while resting? Has your shoulder pain inhibited your ability to sleep well at night?
- Have you exhausted non-operative treatments (such as physical therapy, pain medication or activity modification) with no success?