Gregory K. Deirmengian, M.D.
Dr. Deirmengian is a board certified joint surgeon who specializes in hip and knee reconstruction.
Make an Appointment
- B.A., Princeton University
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Hip and Knee Reconstruction, Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Titles & Certifications
- Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, American College of Surgeons
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Rothman Specialty Hospital
- Kennedy Health System
- Deirmengian GK, Huffman GR. Autograft Hamstring Reconstruction of Chronic Quadriceps Tendon Repairs. Techniques in Knee Surgery. Publication Pending.Pappas N, Deirmengian GK, Jian B, Bozentka DA. Orthopaedic . Radiology . Pathology Conference: Hand Mass in an 18-year-old Woman. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009 Jul 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Craig L. Israelite, Charles L. Nelson and Jonathan P. Garino. Bone Grafting Procedures. Treating Osteonecrosis of the Hip. Tech. Orthop. 23(1):35-43, March 2008.
- Deirmengian GK, Hebela NM, Shore EM, O’Connell MP, Glaser D, and Kaplan FS. Proximal Tibial Osteochondromas in Patients with Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008 Feb;90(2):366-74.
- Gregory K Deirmengian, MD; Pedro K Beredjiklian, MD. Scaphoid fractures and fracture nonunion. Curr Opin Orthop. 18(4): 315-21, July 2007.
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, MD; Pedro K. Beredjiklian, MD; Charles Getz, MD; Matthew Ramsey, MD; David J. Bozentka, MD. Distal Biceps Tendon Repair: One-Incision Incision vs. Two-Incision Techniques. Techniques in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 7(1):61-71, 2006
- Kaplan FS, Glaser DL, Shore EM, Deirmengian GK, Gupta R, Delai P, Morhart R, Smith R, Le Merrer M, Rogers JG, Connor MJ, Kitterman JA. The Phenotype of Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progresiva. Clinical Reviews in Bone and Mineral Metabolism. Vol 3, no 3-4, 183-188, 2005.
- Deirmengian GK, Hosalkar HS, Dolinskas CA, Stopyra G, Ogilvie CM, Lackman RD. Thigh Mass in a 45-Year-Old Male. Clin Orthop Relat Res, Jan: 266-71, 2005.
- Deirmengian GK, Hozack WJ. Pain Management and Accelerated Rehabilitation. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Hip and Knee Reconstruction 4. (Publication Pending.)
- Deirmengian GK, Parvizi J. Removal of Components in Revision Hip Arthroplasty Interactive Educational Program for Total Joint Replacement. Edited by Schmalzried T, Mont M, Parvizi J, Pellegrini VD, Scuderi GR, Hungerford DS. (Publication Pending)
- Deirmengian GK, Deirmengian CA. Surgical Principles of Total Knee Arthroplasty. Essentials in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Edited by Parvizi J and Klatt B. (In Press)
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Craig L. Israelite. Revision Total Knee Arthoplasty: The Basics: Patella Revision/Reconstruction. Arthritis & Arthroplasty: The Knee. Edited by Thomas E. Brown. (In Press).
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Jonathan P. Garino. Hip Decompression and Grafting. Gowned and Gloved Orthopaedics: Introduction to Common Procedures. Edited by Neil Sheth and Jess Lonner.
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Pedro K. Beredjiklian. Arthroscopic treatment of interosseous ligament tears, carpal instability and capsular electrothermal shrinkage techniques. John T Capo, MD and Virak Tan, MD: Minimally Invasive Hand and Wrist Surgery.
- Kaplan FS, Deirmengian GK, Chakkalakal S, Shore EM. Osteochondromas & the FOP Metamorphogene. To be presented at Multiple Hereditary Osteochondroma Association workshop. October 2009.
- Gregory K Deirmengian, MD; Nader M. Hebela, MD; Eileen M. Shore, PhD,; MD Michael P O’Connell, David Glaser, MD; and Frederick S. Kaplan. Proximal Tibia Osteochondromas in Patients with Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.
- Paper Presentation at the AAOS meeting 2007, San Diego California.
- Michael P O’Connell, Paul C Billings, Jennifer L Fiori, Gregory K Deirmengian, Helmtrud I Roach, Eileen M Shore, Frederick S Kaplan. HSPG-Mediated Signaling is Disrupted in Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressive in Lymphoblastoid Cell Lines. Presented at the ASBMR conference 2005.